Here are just some of the things you can do while visiting Ross Farm Museum:
This winter our focus on creating a wonderful winter experience with an emphasis on the outdoors and physical activity. We will be open Wednesday - Sunday by booking only, time slots will be 9:30 - 12:00 and 2:00 - 4:30.
- Visit heritage buildings such as Rose Bank Cottage, the home of Captain Ross’s family, dating from 1817.
- Bring your own snowshoes, cross-country skis, coasting sleds to enjoy around our 60-acre farm.
- Warm-up with a cup of hot chocolate after enjoying winter out on the farm.
- Chat with costumed interpreters as they demonstrate typical farm activities.
- See our heritage animals including sheep, cattle, chickens, horses, and more!
- Tour our extensive exhibits of heritage agricultural implements.
- Enjoy our nature trail that travels alongside Lake Lawson, keep an eye out for the gnomes along the way... see if you can spot them all!
Please note we are currently not offering wagon rides, rides will begin for the summer season starting on May 8th.
For more information on what to expect during a visit to the museum check out our Know Before You Go page.