The Learning Centre at Ross Farm Museum features dynamic visitor space that includes changing exhibits, a working hearth, fully functioning industrial kitchen and classroom space for traditional workshops. The Learning Centre is also home to the New Ross Historical Society and houses The Pedlar's Shop gift shop stocked with high-quality Nova Scotia made products.
The Learning Center also features:
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Outside picnic area with shaded picnic tables
- 5 washrooms including two with changing tables
- Wheelchair accessible parking, entrance and washrooms
- Inside sitting space great for visitors that want to bring a lunch or enjoy a cup of Sissiboo Coffee from The Pedlar's Shop
Currently on display is the collective cultural installation led by Social Sculptor Miro Davis. Pollinating Constellation will reflect the essence, heart, and soul, and spirit of here, sculpted in clay by the hands of our diverse community.
Rug Hooking Workshops with Heather Gordon
Ross Farm is hosting a number of rug hooking workshops in the Learning Centre this year instructed by skilled rug hooker, Heather Gordon. From beginner to advanced there is a workshop for those just looking to start out those looking to expand their rug hooking skills.
Sheep in a Box - September 15th
Hit and Miss Posy Mat - October 20th
Rosebank Cottage - November 3rd
For a full list of upcoming workshops or to learn more - click here.
A Space for Education and Community
Public areas of the Learning Centre include:
- Accessible, dynamic visitor space with new facilities – including washrooms.
- Classrooms for ongoing school and educational groups – flexible space for workshop programs, encompassing rural leadership, sustainable agriculture, and heritage skills preservation.
- A working hearth, surrounded by a heritage kitchen, the centre core of the new building, backed by a fully functioning industrial kitchen.
- Exhibition space for historical artifacts dedicated archive and research rooms.
With the building of our Learning Centre, the dream to fully dedicate the historical buildings on Ross Farm property to their original and heritage appropriate functions were finally realized.
To see more preliminary drawings of the Learning Centre - Click Here
Support our Learning Centre!
For more information please contact Joan Lenihan at: Toll free 1-877-689- 2210 or Joan.Lenihan@novascotia.ca
If you would like to mail your donation, please make cheques payable to "Ross Farm Museum Building Fund".
For our printable donor pledge form - click here
Highway # 12
New Ross, NS B0J 2M0
If you would like to donate securities to Ross Farm, please click here
(Donation goes through Canada Helps)