Plan to spend a whole day at Ross Farm Museum. There’s plenty for the whole family to see and do year round!
Here are just some of the things you can do while visiting Ross Farm Museum:
Visit heritage buildings such as Rose Bank Cottage, the home of Captain Ross’s family, dating from 1817.
Meet our heritage Animals.
Take a nature walk along interpretive trails.
Participate in special events throughout the year.
During our winter season we will be closed on Monday & Tuesdays. Personal tours through the buildings and the museum site take place from Wednesday until Friday but there are no staff demonstrations throughout the week. During the weekends you'll have a chance to see demonstrations taking place in Rosebank Cottage as well as the farm workshop and be sure to drop by the barn to see the farmer and our heritage breed farm animals!
Sleigh or wagon rides are offered on weekends depending on weather conditions from January 12th till the end of March.Wagon rides take place daily here at Ross Farm from May 17th until the end of October.
- Visit heritage buildings such as Rose Bank Cottage, the home of Captain Ross’s family, dating from 1817.
- Chat with costumed interpreters as they demonstrate typical farm activities.
- Enjoy demonstrations of heritage skills and crafts, such as food preparation over an open hearth, candle making, barrel making and ox shoeing.
- Meet our heritage Animals.
- Enjoy hands-on activities such as planting, candle making, wood-working and much more.
- Take a nature walk along interpretive trails.
- Tour our extensive exhibits of heritage agricultural implements.
- Participate in special events throughout the year.